Wow, another rainy day here in Vladivostok. One of the families that was here for their first visit left yesterday, and another who was on their first visit left today. So, we are down 2 American families.
I walked with Masha and a couple other dads down to the store today – even though it was raining, just so that we could get out of the motel for a little while.
Yesterday, we walked down to the sea again and walked a bit and picked up some seashells. It is nice down there, just not too exciting.
Oh, we also went downtown (me and Bart (from Arkansas)) to get Chinese food. When we got to the restaurant, we found out that the Chinese food here is nothing like at home, and everything on the menu seemed to have eyes! So, we went to the local "burger" place and picked some up. Ugh.
We all wrestled a bit this morning, and that was fun – and killed about 20 minutes.
Monday I have to go back to the town where the orphanage is to take care of some banking stuff. We have to get the “pension” money that was set up for Masha out of the account before we leave. Otherwise we would have to come back here to get the money. It is not a ton, but will be nice to open an account or something for Masha to save for college.
All of us Americans are still meeting in the evening to talk and kill time. I have been putting a movie on for the kids each evening – it keeps them busy, and quiet.
Anyway, I wanted to get a few more photos up on the blog – but didn’t have anything exciting to write about.
We look forward to your comments! They don’t appear right away, I have to “approve” them first, so be patient.
Talk to you all later! Love you!
Brent
1 comment:
Hi! Trying another comment. Glad you're having "fun". Can't wait til you get home. Praying for you, and safe travel, and that this time is special and memorable for Masha. You have made me want to go back and get another one. Just praying I get to keep the ones I already have! Schools out. Hot today, and then stormy tonight. It's supposed to be in the 90's next week. Summer has begun!! See you soon, TJ
Post a Comment