Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Home 14 weeks

I really didn't think anyone was reading our blog until a nice old friend asked me "when are you going to update your blog". I thought I better get on it! I know when we were in Russia this was Brent's "thing" but I guess now that we are home it's mine. No big deal I love to tell a good story.

Masha tells us stories about Russia, the orphanage, friends, her mother. I have told her a few times to "write it down" when she tells me but I don't think she has. She tells a lot of stories about being in the hospital and people around her dying. It no wonder she has bad dreams! But she prays about "no bad dreams".

She has much love and understanding of God and a prayer life that took me years to get to! We finally found her a Russian NIV bible and she loves to read it with Dad at night.

Oh! Here is a good story! Our oldest daughter, Rae, started college and is learning Russian. She brought home some homework to get help from her new little sister! I told her "that has to be cheating". But really both girls had fun talking about the words. It was good bonding time for them!

School is still an issue for her. She is not used to a full school day. In Russia the big kids went a half a day but Masha was taught in the orphanage for 2 hours. So, 7 hours of school is a long day for her. But she complains less and less. On the flip side of all the complaining we have heard from her, she is doing good in school. (ok as I type this she is complaining about school)

Bedtime is going okay. Really she does not like to go be bed alone. And I know if I made a little bed on the floor in our room she would be there every night. But as that goes it didn't work out well for us with Logan (sleeping in our room for 11 years) and do not want to open that can of worms with her.

She does play well with all the kids. But really she has a great time with Logan. She has issues with Alex. I just think...I don't know she does not always like him I guess. But I see them playing more and more. But she loves to tell on him when he is pulling "an Alex". Like digging in the bunny nest the mama bunny made in our yard. Why the child wants to get eating by a wild mama bunny, I don't know. But I was glad Masha was there to tell me!

She can't wait for her birthday! I could not believe it when she asked to go to Six Flags for her birthday. She figured that out by looking at the other kids scrapbooks. But I think everyday she says "I can't wait October". I love to see the excitement in her eyes!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I don't know you...but stumbled onto your blog through links...and I am so glad you are updating it now. I have been praying for Masha and your family!

amy said...

that is awesome that Rae has Mash to help her with Russian... it's not cheating... it's resourceful!!!

MoMomOf2 said...

Thanks Chris..........I think...Old?? at least it was a nice "old". Glad to hear all is going well. I will try my hardest to make to at least one Moms Night Out.